Last year 4 members from Chess Club attended St. Anne Chess Tournament in Seattle. We had young participants but they did their best efforts and we are very proud of them. Here are the results:
- K-1 U800 Division: Dane Milton and Rachel Sloss attended this group, Dane got 4 points and 2nd place in individual results. St. Louise got 1st place team trophy in this group 😊
- 2-3 U800 Division: Christopher Antezana and Nathan Victor participated in this group, Christopher got a plus score with 3.5 points.
It was great to see Nathan attend his first tournament and Rachel got a medal for great sportsmanship. They did their best efforts in a challenging group and represented St. Louise school very well.
When: Mondays after school
Location: Central Wing (St. Louise Room) Time: 2:00-3:00
Pick-Up Location: Central Wing (St. Louise Room)
10 Week Session:
Starting: September 24th, 2018
Ending: December 10th, 2018
No class 11/19, 11/26
includes gold membership to https://www.chesskid.com
Open to students in Grades K-8
Number of students in class is minimum 15, maximum of 45.
Registration is first come first served. Registration is not complete until payment is made online or by check.
Turn in Registration form at School Office (see Chess Club Fall Session 2018.docx below). Payment online at https://www.osvonlinegiving.com/1369 or by check.
What is ChessKid.com?
It is a safe site for kids to learn and play chess:
- Safe: No contacts with strangers and parents can manage access and friendship.
- Learn & Improve: Hundreds of videos, thousands of puzzles and interactive lessons to further improve chess skills.
- Play & have fun: Safe play against the computer or online opponents around the globe.
What is the Gold membership?
With a Gold membership kids can access all content from ChessKid.com and play as many puzzles and games as they want. A yearly subscription is $49 but we will provide it to Chess Club members as a new benefit.
Why are we including this benefit?
Chess is a game that requires practice and this will allow our students to keep learning chess beyond our class. Also, we will help to setup a personalized lesson plan for kids to continue in their own.