St. Louise School Chess Club
If your child has never played or is a master, come for the joy of the game.
- Students are required to check-in at the entry of Chess Club in the St. Louise Room with one of the parent volunteers.
- Parents need to sign-out students in the attendance list. An adult needs to sign-out students as we will not release students to other students, school level siblings, or themselves. If you have questions or want to request a unique release process, please contact Chess Club Manager at [email protected].
- Pick up time is 3:00 p.m. to 3:15 p.m. in St. Louise Room, after this time we will direct students to Kids Club, which may involve a fee.
- We need parent volunteers if you are interested, contact Chess Club Manager. No experience is necessary but needs to meet volunteer requirements.
What is ChessKid.com?
It is a safe site for kids to learn and play chess:
What is the Gold membership?
With a Gold membership kids can access all content from ChessKid.com and play as many puzzles and games as they want. A yearly subscription is $49 but we will provide it to Chess Club members as a new benefit.
Why are we including this benefit?
Chess is a game that requires practice and this will allow our students to keep learning chess beyond our class. Also, we will help to setup a personalized lesson plan for kids to continue in their own.
Our Chess Club attended St. Anne Chess Tournament in Seattle on 12/9. We had young and experienced participants and all did their best efforts, represented our school very well and we are very proud of them.
- K-1 U800 Division: Alejandro Sanchez and Jethro Abueg
- 2-3 U800 Division: Christopher Antezana
- K-3 Open Division: Dane Milton