Frequently Asked Questions
F A Q
WHAT IS THE SCHOOL’S HISTORY?
CAN YOU TELL ME ABOUT THE FACULTY, ADMINISTRATION, AND STAFF?
ARE THERE EXTRA-CURRICULAR ACTIVITIES AVAILABLE FOR MY CHILD?
- All grade K-8 students have different opportunities to participate in extra-curricular offerings after school throughout the year. Some of the after school offerings include: Spanish language club; drama program; competitive speech team; competitive math team; chess club; choir; cooking club; art club; STEM club; debate club; mock trial club.
- K-8 students may participate in soccer and cross-country athletic programs, while grade 4-8 students are also able to play on our basketball, volleyball, baseball, and track teams. We compete in the CYO league (Catholic Youth Organization) against other Catholic schools in King County.
- Fifth graders comprise our safety patrol team, sixth graders participate in a weeklong, overnight, environmental education camp at the base of Mt. Rainier, and seventh and eighth graders attend weekly elective classes, which enrich their education by providing unique learning experiences not typically offered to middle school
WHAT ARE SOME OF THE UNIQUE FEATURES OF ST. LOUISE SCHOOL?
- Daily prayer and religion classes are the backbone of the religion curriculum with bi-monthly all-school Masses.
- Both school-wide and individual class service projects are conducted throughout the year.
- A pre-kindergarten class for four-year-olds meets daily. With a teacher and instructional assistant, the maximum student to teacher ratio in Pre-K is 9:1. There is an option for preschoolers to attend an extended day, dismissing at the regular 3:00 dismissal time for the older students.
- Kindergarten classes attend for the full-day, with a teacher and an instructional assistant, the student to teacher ratio in kindergarten is typically 9:1.
- All other grade levels consist of two classes per grade, with a maximum class size of 26, but the overall school average is 15 students per class.
- With over 300 students in grades Pre-K through 8th, the student to teacher ratio for the entire school on average is no more than 13:1.
- St. Louise is a parent participation school. Our families are strengthened by greater school involvement, while our children benefit in innumerable ways from their parents working as library workers, classroom helpers, office assistants, and playground supervisors, to name just a few.
- St. Louise is state approved and accredited by the Western Catholic Educational Association (WCEA).
- Fundraising is an integral part of our revenue, allowing tuition to stay at an affordable rate. All families participate in four major fundraising events: the Auction, the Annual Fund, Charger Cards (scrip), and a Walk-a-Thon.
- Financial assistance based on need is available, and approximately 10% of our students qualify for these scholarships.
ARE THE CURRICULUM AND TEST SCORES OF HIGH QUALITY?
DO YOU OFFER BEFORE AND AFTER SCHOOL CHILD CARE?
TO WHICH HIGH SCHOOLS DO YOUR 8TH GRADE GRADUATES MATRICULATE?
WHAT DOES IT COST TO GIVE MY CHILD A CATHOLIC SCHOOL EDUCATION?
WHAT IS THE SCHOOL’S ADMISSIONS POLICY AND THE STEPS TO APPLY FOR ADMISSIONS?