Our Scholastic book fair is scheduled for the week of March 6-9, 2023!
Welcome to the wonderful world of reading! Our library holds more than 14,000 books, and is located on the second floor. The children are surrounded by books that open their minds to a world of imagination, adventure, and many interests. We have a world language section where children can check out books in multiple languages including Spanish, French, Hindi, and Chinese.
The school library program inspires lifelong learning, instills a love of reading, and fosters independent library use. Students in grades K-5 visit the library once a week to develop their information literacy skills and to check out books. Depending on their grade level, children learn the arrangement of the library, genres, how to locate information in print and electronic resources, as well as comprehension and critical thinking strategies. Students will learn about many authors and illustrators through weekly book talks. The library is not open before school.
- 3:00 - 3:30 pm on Wednesdays and Thursdays
Library Skills Curriculum
- Providing access to information in all formats;
- Providing instruction to foster critical thinking and stimulate interest in reading for enjoyment and understanding;
- Working in partnership with classroom teachers for curriculum development;
- Fostering individual and collaborative inquiry;
- Integrating the uses of technology for learning and teaching.
- Students will learn library skills to become an independent library user.
- Students will learn research strategies to locate information.
- Students will develop information literacy skills, including the ability to evaluate information critically and competently.
- Students will have access and guidance to a relevant collection of fiction and nonfiction books in a variety of formats and genres for recreational reading and literature appreciation.
If you have any questions or concerns, please contact our Librarian
DeAun Green by email: [email protected]
or by phone: (425) 746-4220