St. Louise PE Curriculum
Physical Education Curriculum
Grades K-8 receive Physical Education classes according to the following schedule:
· Kindergarten through Grade 5 - two 35 minute P.E. classes per week
· Grade 6 - two 45 minute P.E. classes per week
· Grades 7 & 8 - one 50 minute P.E. class per week
Junior High students are also offered a Physical Education elective class each trimester which is once a week for 50 minutes.
Physical activity is critical to the development and maintenance of good health. The goal of the St. Louise Parish School physical education program is to develop physically educated individuals who have the knowledge, skills, and confidence to enjoy a lifetime of physical, emotional, intellectual, spiritual, and social wellness.
1. The student will demonstrate competency in motor skills and movement patterns needed to perform a variety of physical activities.
2. The student will demonstrate understanding of movement concepts, principles, strategies, and tactics as they apply to the learning and performance of physical activities.
3. The student will understand the health promoting and personal fitness benefits that result from regular participation in physical activity.
4. The student will demonstrate responsible personal and social behavior in physical activity settings.
Updated August 2017