Learning Launch - Summer 2023
St. Louise School’s
July 31 - August 2 from 9:00 -12:30
Students who join our Learning Launch in August will get a head start on September’s classes. St. Louise teachers will design fun lessons to minimize summer learning loss and put students on the fast-track to fall academic preparedness. Learning Launch students will receive instruction on material from the recently completed school year - a terrific opportunity for more practice to confidently begin a new grade level!
Learning Launch is open to St. Louise School students who are entering grades 1-5. Each Learning Launch class will be between 6-12 students. The instructors of the classes are:
- Mrs. Tubb – for students entering grades 1-2
- Ms. Portolese – for students entering grade 3-4
- Mrs. Crosby – for students entering grade 5-6
Three 3.5-hour days of re-learning the fundamental reading, writing, and math skills from the previous school year, in preparation for the upcoming new grade level. A sample schedule is:
- 9:00-10:30 – lessons, activities, and practice in the previous grade level’s READING
- 10:30-11:00 – outdoor recess
- 11:00-12:30 – lessons, activities, and practice in the previous grade level’s MATH
$350 per child.
- The first 10 students per grade level who register by paying the $350 fee will be assured a roster spot.
- After 10 have paid, any late registrants will be put on a waiting list, as the maximum class size is 10.
- Those on the waiting list will get their fee refunded in full if a roster spot does not open prior to August.
- For those on the roster, refunds for withdrawals can only be given if there is a waiting list student who takes the withdrawn spot.
WHEN AND WHERE?
Monday, Tuesday, and Wednesday – July 31 - August 2 – from 9AM to 12:30PM.
Parents are asked to walk their children directly to the teacher’s room at 8:55-9:00 each morning and to wait outside the room at 12:25-12:30 to pick them up:
- Mrs. Tubb – Grades 1 and 2 in room 2B
- Ms. Portolese – Grades 3 and 4 in room 4B
- Mrs. Crosby – Grades 5 and 6 in room 4A
Students who are attending St. Louise’s Chargers’ Adventure Summer Camp this same week will report to Learning Launch and then at 12:30 will be walked over supervised to the Lavelle Center for Summer Camp.
HOW TO REGISTER?
WHAT TO BRING?
Learning Launch students should bring a snack and water bottle.
Teachers will provide all pencils, pens, papers, etc.
Students may wear “free dress” – appropriate clothing per St. Louise free dress policies. Please wear athletic shoes for running around at break time, no flip-flops or sandals.
Please contact the following if you have questions:
General questions - [email protected]
Chargers’ Summer Camp questions – [email protected]
Mrs. Tubb – [email protected]
Mrs. Portolese – [email protected]
Ms. Crosby – [email protected]