Learning Launch - Summer 2022
St. Louise School’s
August 2nd – 4th
Tuesday - Thursday
9:00 -12:00 pm
THIS SUMMER, GIVE YOUR CHILD A HEAD START FOR THE FALL WITH LEARNING LAUNCH!!
Learning Launch is designed by our St. Louise teachers to help students minimize summer learning loss and put them on the fast-track to fall academic preparedness.
Through fun instruction and activities, students will receive lessons on material from the recently completed school year - a terrific opportunity to confidently begin a new grade level!
After you have completed the registration form, payments can be made online here:
Teachers receive 100% of the program fees!!
Eligible to all students entering grades 1-5. Class will be between 6-12 students.
The instructors of the classes are:
- Mrs. Curry – for students entering 1st grade
- Ms. Pangallo – for students entering 2nd grade
- Mrs. McKenna – for students entering 3rd grade
- Mrs. Hoffman – for students entering 4th grade
- Ms. Crosby – for students entering 5th grade
Three 3-hour days of re-learning the fundamental reading, writing, and math skills from the previous school year, in preparation for the upcoming new grade level.
A sample schedule is:
9:00 - 10:00 AM – READING - Lessons / Activities / Practice 10:00 Am – Outdoor Recess
10:15 - 11:00 AM – MATH – Lessons / Activities / Practice 11:00 AM - Outdoor Recess
11:15 - 12:00 PM – WRITING – Lessons / Activities / Practice
$250 per child.
- The first 12 students per grade level who register by paying the $250 fee will be assured a roster spot.
- Any late registrants will be put on a waiting list, as the maximum class size is 12.
- Those on the waiting list will get refunded in full if a roster spot does not open prior to August.
- Refunds for withdrawals can only be given if there is a waiting list student who takes the withdrawn spot.
Parents are asked to walk their children directly to the teacher’s room at 8:55-9:00 each morning and to wait outside the room at 11:55-12:00 to pick them up:
- 1st graders in room KA
- 2nd graders in room 2A
- 3rd graders in room 2B
- 4th graders in room 4A
- 5th graders in room 4B
Students who are attending St. Louise’s Chargers’ Adventure Summer Camp this same week will report to Learning Launch and then at 12:00 will be walked over supervised to the Lavelle Center for Summer Camp.
WHAT TO BRING?
Snack and water bottle. Teachers will provide all pencils, pens, papers, etc.
Students may wear “free dress” – appropriate clothing per St. Louise free dress policies. Please wear athletic shoes for running around at break time; no flip-flops or sandals.
Please contact the following if you have questions:
- Mrs. Curry – [email protected]
- Ms. Pangallo – [email protected]
- Mrs. McKenna – [email protected]
- Mrs. Hoffman - [email protected]
- Ms. Crosby – [email protected]